The Technology Training Coordinator;
- Ensures all Technical Systems are functioning correctly and up to date within the NSTC
- Provides Basic Computer Operation Skills & Software training for Staff & Band Council
- Administrator – Citizen’s Database
- WordPress Website Design & Development – Basic Training
- IT Policy Development
- Research and Development, Implementation of New Technologies
The Technology Training Coordinator provides training to Staff & Band Council for software and equipment that is used by the Northern Shuswap Tribal Council and its four member communities Canim Lake Indian Band (Tsq’escen’), Stswecem’c Xgat’tem (Canoe/Dog Creek Indian Band), Soda Creek Indian Band (Xat’sull), Williams Lake Indian Band (T’exelc).
At the NSTC we believe in Competency based training. To achieve this our training presentations have quizzes throughout each section as well as a hands-on practice scenarios after each quiz. The quizzes are interactive and trainees get to answer the questions using the state of the art Clicker system. For some of the larger training modules there is a final exam.
- Training can be done one on one or in a group setting.
- Training can be done in your community or at the NSTC office.
- Training can be conducted remotely using Video Conferencing.
Training Modules Available
- Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook Web Access
- Using Shared Calendars
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IML Clicks
- Polycom Video Conferencing
- Maintaining Community WordPress Websites
- NStQ Citizen’s Database
- NStQ Communications Tools
- NSTQ Website
- NStQ Facebook Page
- Highrise Contact Database
- Transferring Files using Dropbox
- Basic Computer Functions
- Using the Internet
To request training download and fill out the Training Request form below and Fax to: (250) 392-6158 or Email: email@example.com